Happy New Year!!!
I can’t believe its 2018! I say that in a good way because 2017 was rough! So I’m thinking of a way to recap all of the lessons I learned as tips for your success in 2018. Some much to reflect and look back on so here it goes.
My Top 5 Tips & Words of Wisdom for 2018
- Trust your intuition.
- My mom always told me go with your first instinct, for its never wrong. Ok…maybe never is a strong word but my experience is my instinct has typically been right and when I go against it, it hasn’t been good. Something about trusting yourself is a beautiful thing and I encourage you all to give it a try.
- Don’t mistake people for who they really are.
- I say this as people are who they are going to be. You may be able to change your image of them or convince yourself otherwise, but if you have to question someones intentions then they are showing you who they are. Just sayin…stop wasting time on people that don’t care about you in the same way you care about them.
- Never quit!
- Seriously never quit. I’ve shared with you all that my full time job is working with students and one of my goals has always been to work at the college level. I recently got a new job at the end of last year and submitted 32 applications this university before being hired. 32! Overall, I have submitted 258 applications and on top of those applications submitted another 161 submissions that were denied. And if you’re wondering how I calculated these numbers yes I save all of them filed in my email. Have patience and what is meant for you will come to you. What is not meant will pass you by and its ok to let that go cause the right thing will find its way to you I promise.
- It never hurts to try something new!
- My blog may not be huge…yet…but I can say its been fun to actually start one and have the freedom to express myself as I wish and to be creative in ways of interior styling.
- Family is what you make of it.
- Many of you may not know my personal story but to sum it up: I’m adopted. So family for me has always been a flexible term and I think it should be that way for everyone. I don’t believe in the quote “blood is thicker than water.” If that’s the case then many of us may be screwed. Just being honest. I want you all to know that some of my best family are my friends. You will find out who your family is when you really need them. When you need someone to be there for you because you have hit rock bottom, when you want someone to share the joy in your celebration, that person who will drop it all to be by your side and you would do the same. These are some of the people that you don’t have to talk to every day, every month or even every year but when you do its like no time has passed. The people who love you for you and nobody can challenge them to your character. That’s family….do you know yours?
So there you have it. My 5 tips, food for thoughts, reflections or whatever you wish to call it for 2018. I hope those 5 statements above give you some things to ponder on and to remember. It’s funny to me that at the start of each new year we all say “this is my year!” The reality is that every year should be your year! You are all amazing in your own right and don’t let anyone (including yourself) ever take that away from you!
Below is a collage of my top 2017 moments filled with graduations, marriages, new babies, friendships and love 🙂 Until next time friends!