Hey friends! I hope your weekend went well. I spent mine with my niece and truly enjoyed every minute of it. Spending time with her is something I value very much.
So thinking back on this weekend it made me want to share some great summer time activities to do with family and friends. Now I live in Southern California so I will recommending ideas for this region, but translate these ideas to your state and community. There are summer activities sponsored by cities and counties nationally. I also think summer adventures spark my creative flow interior design wise and home décor.
First and for most I want to re-share Time Out Online Magazine and their guide for LA 75 things to do in the summer. Very detailed article so take a peak. I promise there is something for everyone and spans from kid friendly to date night.
If I have to say my favorite 5 things to do in the summer it would be as follows:
- Beach days. My favorite beaches are Laguna and Corona Del Mar. Laguna is just the epitome of what it means to be in Southern California. Picnic on the beach or at the parks that overlook the beach and cliffs. Then adventure down town for art, ice cream and cocktails. They also have some great restaurants with views and roof top bars. I almost always now get gelato when walking the downtown area at Dolce Gelato off of Broadway.
My favorite room top bar is at the Hotel La Casa Del Camino.
2. If you have not experience Pageant of the Masters this is must and takes place next month. Its a really magical live art experience. Check out the video below and if your interested visit their site: https://www.foapom.com/
3. Another favorite thing of mine is enjoying botanical gardens. I’m not sure if I have shared my love for nature on my blog before but I have started to share it on my Instagram. I absolutely love being outside and will share my love for the outdoors in another post. However if you are local to SoCal you have to check out Descansoc Gardens summer nights. They several different night events and music events after you have spent the day strolling their live oaks: https://www.descansogardens.org/summer-at-descanso/
4. Outdoor movies are another awesome opportunity for fresh air and good times. A lot of cities have these free movies and other places will charge. You can also picnic and BYOB of wine. Below are some links to great outdoor movie events and other fun times.
5. Lastly take advantage of your local wineries. Wine is another joy of mine lol I like walking the vineyards in Temecula. My favorite vineyards are: Ponte Winery, Avensole Winery, and Callaway Winery.
To see all the vineyards: https://www.temeculawines.org/taste/winery-listing.php
I hope you enjoyed my 5 favorite things I enjoy during the summer. I also hope the links are helpful. If you aren’t local to California check out your city’s summer guide for similar events. Get out there and explore! Before you know it summer will be gone!